Monday, February 11, 2008

Rocker on Rocker


From espn.com:

He tried to come back in 2005 in the minor leagues, but later quit. That year, he told ESPN.com: "I've taken a lot of crap from a lot of people. Probably more than anybody in the history of this sport. I know Hank [Aaron] and Jackie [Robinson] took a good deal of crap, but I guarantee it wasn't for six years. I just keep thinking: How much more am I supposed to take?"
Right, John. Hank Aaron and Jackie Robinson just took less than six years of crap. They've got nothing on your suffering. Poor you!

What a pathetic excuse for a human being.



1 comment:

Rice said...

I listened to the interview he gave to the Atlanta sports station, 680 The Fan, on the way home from work yesterday. What surprised me is how articulate the guy is. He's not a bumbling idiot, like I always believed him to be. He really, truly, believes every word that comes out of his mouth and has well reasoned opinions. Of course, since that reasoning is based on racist ideas and paranoia, it only makes him all the more despicable. I mean, it's one thing to be an ignorant bigot. It's another to thoroughly rationalize his bigotry when he's had ample time to see how idiotic his ideas are.