Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Curry and Rice Final Four Picks


UNC, Texas, Kansas, and UCLA.

Champion: UCLA over Kansas

Not only did Rice and I each come up with this independently, we each decided it was difficult to see any other Final Four. The one seeds are strong, except Memphis, which isn't going to survive against Texas in Houston if it even makes it that far.

My big first round upset is Cal St. Fullerton over Wisconsin. Likely? No. But CSF and its uber-uptempo guard oriented offense will match up well against the Badgers and jarr them out of their slowdown style. Wisconsin is probably still good enough to win, but I feel like this particular matchup helps CSF enough that I'm going to roll the dice with them. I think either team will be overwhelmed by USC in the second round anyway. The other minor upset I can see is St. Joseph's over Oklahoma.

OK, time to eat lunch and see if Xavier can remember how to play basketball in the second half. If not, I'm going to lose a Sweet 16 team in the very first game of the tournament.

No comments: